Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Little About Me

Ok so to balance things out, a bit about RL me.

Hmm things you might care about.... I Drink (at clubs/parties to stay relaxed), smoke (occasionally, because it helps with ADD), do drugs (the ones prescribed to me anyways), swear enough to make a sailor blush (no really, military brat here), & wear clothes you'd find at Hot Topic (yes, at my age).

I Love music (especially offbeat stuff), logic puzzles (duh, I'm a programmer), learning new things (information junkie), & food (plus I can cook!). I read mostly SF/Fantasy (I like the escapism and reinterpretation of ideas), & watch much of the same (plus romantic comedies), with a healthy dose of pure science thrwon in (esp physics, chemistry, and a bit of psych). I'm a lesbian (how passe'), polyamorous (ooo how revolutionary), & I've experimented in RL Domme/sub relationships (and learned something). I have a weak spot for redheads and waifs.

I am literally crazy & have a sneaking suspicion that reality is just a trap to confuse me, and prevent me from doing something (yes, really & no, I'm not sure what). I suffer from depression (near constant since childhood), social phobia (can't stand crowds, or people I don't know), have ADD (ooo shiny... damnit), & a little bit of OCD (how else could I concentrate w/ ADD?). We won't even get into medical issues.

I am deeply religious (or vaguely depending on your perspective) and at one point was recognized (by the government) clergy. I am fiercely loyal to my friends, and can be gleefully vicious to my enemies (though I've mellowed.... some). I will go to extremes other people would not, if it gets me what I want, yet have a strong set of ethics.

I love to help people, and have been a counselor, a volunteer (in several areas), & donated both time & resources to various causes (and still do). I seem to have a knack for tutoring, especially translating concepts into other peoples frameworks, and relating to other's viewpoints and/or experiences.

I've worked in IT(network management), Programming(mostly debugging, some development), Social Work(counseling, case management), Retail(everything from sales to inventory, & more), Contruction(carpentry, electrical, & masonry. I'ts my mothers fault), service(various), automotive(driver, and specialty mechanic), & childcare (professional).

I've raised one son (my ex's), have 1 half brother, 1 step brother, 1 step sister, 1 adopted sister, and 1 sister (by way of adoption) I've never met. in addition to my birth parents, I have 1 step mother, 2 step fathers, and a set of adoptive parents to boot. I've never been married, but have been asked twice, and regret not saying yes to the second. I'd love to have a daughter, but fear I never will.

yeah I think that covers most of it.