Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Kids Play

So, early in December I made (well renovated ) a child Av, for my secondlife account...

Originally I was aiming for something akin to Wednesday Addams from the movies (much creepieer than the TV show), crossed with Minoru from Chobits (Manga/Anime character, child genius), and I think I accomplished that. I also had a goal of making her an idealized me, something more happy, fortunate, and well, you get the idea... Oddly what I ended up with is so close to me as a child it's scary. Oh she's cuter and looks much better than I did as a child, but she's taken on a life of her own, and the creepiest part isn't her appearance, it's how much she resembles me as a child in action and behavior. Now some would say that's my fault, bad roleplaying etc. But the reality is that she seems so much like me because of one major aspect... she's much more adult in attitude (the child genius aspect) than her apparent age (I've settled on 13).

I know some think it's odd to play a child, some would even say it's sick. To those people I can only say, I do it for fun, to remember some of the innocence lost, and forget some of the realities of my life as it's become and just have fun. That said I'm finding that while there are alot of people that play kids, there aren't many active spots to hang out. I'd say especially at night, but frankly I just can't seem to find other kids at all... it's really disheartening, because as a kid, being alone is crappy... I'm not quite up for the virtual adoption agencies that've sprung up in SL, since I tend to just like to hang out without any strings attached, plus it kinda smacks of a virtual dating service and I REALLY don't want that. So hey if you read this and want to share some known places kid av's hang out, or if you have a child av and just wanna chat, feel free to drop me a line. My name is above, and I'm pretty friendly =)

on another note, I saw in a friends blog a link to a "Blog Readability Test", and thought hey why not, let's see what my blog comes up as.... Quite shocking really, It graded this blog with a "Genius" level. I'm not sure if that means I'm writing at that level, or that it'd take one to understand what I write (which could be good or bad). Regardless, you, the reader, should pat yourself on the back if you understand what I write... because for better or worse in my writing, Critics Rant thinks you're a genius!
You must be a Genius if you can read this

2 comments:

Rheta Shan said...

Told ya, but would you listen ? Makes one wonder how broad the genius definition used is (just teasing).

X said...

pasting this same post into word I got the following statistics..

averages:
16 sentences per paragraph
28.2 words per sentence
4 charcters per word

Readability:
0% passive sentences
60.8 flesch reading ease
11.7 flesch-kinkaid grade level

I think the key here is the reading ease... it's hard to read... 100 is easy to read 0 is impossible.

(and we won't talk about all the errors I picked up in grammar and spell check)